Thursday, July 10, 2008

Colossians 4:5-6

So, I am going to have to admit to you guys that after we got back from Pattaya I kind of felt like there was not much left to do. I know how could I ever possibly think that, but I truthfully felt like that was the ending of our trip. I suppose the reason for this is because all we had left was this full week of school that ends today and then two days of school next week. We leave for upcountry for the last week to hang out with kids in a different place!! God is faithful though and never stops using us in whatever situation we are in! I thank God for reminding me this and encouraging me throughout this trip. Now I should probably explain a little bit because you are all probably super confused. Haha!

So, here it goes... last night was our last "cell group" for the summer, which is hard to believe since we still have 3 more weeks. It was completely amazing though. We did salvation bracelets with the students, and then afterwards we got into small groups to discuss a little more in detail and to give them a chance to ask questions. First off, many of the students who came last night were new students from camp that have not ever came to any of our events after school until last night. There were still the core group of students I have discussed with you in previous blogs that are seeking Christ wholeheartedly there as well. So, when we broke up into small groups many of the new students were opening up and asking lots of questions. Some of the students actually told us that they could feel God speaking to them and tugging at their hearts. They also said they get confused because they have heard so many different things that people say are "the truth," and they don't know which one to believe. We shared with them many verses and how we know that God is real and the only true God! Please pray for these students specifically that God will reveal Himself to them and make it clear to them that He is the only God and is alive and real even today! Also, one of the students that has been hanging out with the summer teams every year they come and has heard the gospel many times, opened up last night for the first time the whole summer. We all knew that she obviously had just hardened her heart towards God because nothing ever phased her when we discuss things with her until last night! God was defintely moving last night, and it was amazing. He definitely showed me that even though we only have one more week with the students that He still has great things in store for us. He is not done using us here in Thailand, and that excites me soo much! I woke up this morning with a competely new attitude, and I thank God for changing my heart in these last weeks!! Please just pray for all these students and that the Holy Spirit will continue to work on them until they come to know Christ someday! Pray for our team and myself as well that we will have a joy and excitement to finish serving strongly here for the Lord! :)

On a random note, I want to share with you guys a exciting personal experience I had this morning with God in my quite time! I woke up and prayed that God would continue to use us in any way and that doors would still be opened for us to share Him. Also, I prayed that He would give us the words to say and to be able to answer any questions the students that are seeking Christ may have so that they may come to know Him. Then afterwards I opened up to the chapter in Colossians I was at for my quite times, and chapter four was my quite time this morning. It was amazing how God speaks to us all and reminds us He hears our prayers and is always with us even when we forget it! In verses 2-6 I was like whoa because that was specifically my prayer this morning before I even opened my Bible! God is AMAZING and ALIVE! He still speaks to us everday if we just seek Him always!! I praise God for the encouragement and comfort He provided me this morning and for everyday that I have been here!!

Thanks you guys for all your prayers once again... you don't know how much that means to me!! I love you all!! Also, for all of you who wrote me letters before I came to open here, God has definitely spoken to me through all of your letters. Everyday I choose a letter to open randomly (but not really because God knows), and it always relates to something I am or have been going through. Thanks for being obedient to God in writing these letters for me because He is using them to encourage me daily!! Just wanted to let you guys know that!! I love you guys!

1 comment:

DannyB said...

hi tif it is exciting how God works and i just want to say thank you for leting Him use you keep it up and know that i am praying lovealwaysdannyb