Saturday, July 26, 2008

Sorry It has Been Awhile! ;)

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't update you guys in a long time. We have not been around computers much in the past week or so. I guess I should update you first on how our mini-retreat went last Thursday and Friday. So yeah, the mini-retreat did go well. It was different for all of us on the team though because since we are about to leave we were not the ones really over the retreat. They are trying to allow the Thai Christians to now start building that stronger relationship with the students now that we are leaving, and it was an amazing time to be able to sit back and participate during these two days. The messages were really good on the retreat, and it was really exciting to see all of the students bringing the bibles we gave them and reading them on their own. You can really see God working in the lives of these students and see Him revealing Himself more and more everyday to these students. Please just continue to pray that all of the students will continue seeking God wholeheartedly and that they will all give their lives to Christ someday soon! :) I can't wait to hear about God working in these students even after I return home!

So, after the mini-retreat ended on Friday we packed up Saturday to go to our upcountry trip in Northern Thailand. We left for upcountry at 7pm last Sunday because it was 12 hours away from Bangkok. The place we went to was called Nan. I have never seen a place as pretty as Nan. The mountains were beautiful, and we rode in the back of trucks up and down these mountains the entire week. So, we got to experience the scenery everyday in a magnificent way. I took some pictures to show everyone when I get home, but they truly cannot portray to you guys how beautiful it really was there! The week in Nan was kind of laid back. We dug a garden for some kids at this school place, played with the kids there, went and visited villages, played games and sang songs with students at different schools in the mountains. It was an amazing week and relaxing at the same time! :) We got back to Bangkok Saturday morning at 5 (Bangkok time and day).

It is crazy to think I only have 4 more days here in Thailand! :) These last few days we are going to be souveneir shopping and hanging out with students, so, it should be a lot of fun! I am really anxious to get home now though. I am so excited about seeing everyone!! My flight leaves Wednesday the 30th at 8:35pm your guy's time! So, please be praying for my team and my safe travel home! :) Thanks again for all your guy's prayers this summer!! I love you all and see you soon!

No comments: