Thursday, June 26, 2008

"For we do not preach ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake." 2 Corinth. 4:5

God never ceases to amaze me everyday!! :) I have prayed that God would open up opportunities for our team to share the gospel with students and that he would give us the words to say. Many people from our team have had the chance to share the gospel with students, and today my roommate and I had the same opportunity!! It was amazing!! Two students were hanging out with us in the song and game room at school, and we were singing some worship songs. Earlier today Vicki (my roommate) was singing the song "One Way" with them, and they told her they loved that song. Vicki asked them if they knew what it meant, and they told her sort of. She shared with them a little bit about how Jesus is the only way to get to God. So, that was the first door God opened up, and then later on today we were all singing together again. We came back to the same song, and during that song God laid verse John 14:6 on my heart ("Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the father except through me.") This same verse is in the song, so, after the song ended God led me to show them that verse in the bible and how those words were from Jesus. From there God just totally took over because I was unbelievably nervous and had no idea what to say or where it was heading from there. So, on this trip I borrowed one of Nick's smaller bibles because I don't have a small bible to carry around with me. Before I left Nick showed me in his bible where he has the plan of salvation outlined starting at John 3:16. So, after sharing with them John 14:6 God led me to start at John 3:16. I have a English/Thai bible that I got last time I was in Thailand, so, after I read the verse in English Vicki showed them where the verse was at in Thai for them to read. I feel like nothing I said made sense, but God was completely in control. Nick has shared with me an encouraging verse since I have been hear from Isaiah 55:11, "so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." So, this verse reminds me that even though I feel like nothing I said made sense that His will was accomplished still, and that is definitely reassuring! After we went through the whole plan of salvation with them we asked them if they understood or had any questions. They both said that they had heard about Jesus recently (I think through a Thai Christian here with us this week), but now it seemed clearer! So, that was definitely exciting to hear that they are getting to know and understand God more and more!! They asked us one question, and it was how does Jesus blood cover our sins and make us perfect in God's sight? We tried to explain it to them, but they didn't really understand. So, we went and got a Thai Christian to come explain it better and in Thai. We shared Galatians 2:20-21 in hopes to help explain Christ death a little and how it effects us. They said they wanted to learn more about God and wanted us to pray with them!! So, that was awesome, and we actually prayed with them today before they left!! Please pray for both of these students and for all the conversations and questions they will have with our team and the Thai Christians. I pray that they will come to know Christ someday! :) Pray that God will make the gospel simple and clear to them, and that they will not be able to sleep or think about anything else until they come to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior!! :)

1 comment:

Josie said...

Tiffany this just really encouraged me today...I'm praying for you and love you and miss you a whole lot!