Thursday, June 12, 2008

Teaching

So, this week has been a good week so far. I had Tuesday off, but we hung out with some Thais at the mall that night. It was fun, and we got to know some people better. A few of them actually shared with us that they always hang out with the summer teams every year, but they are not Christians. They said that they just enjoy hanging out with us because they love the way it feels. I just pray that they realize that what they are feeling is actually God's love for all of us! Please pray for all the students we will be hanging out with that they will see Christ love in us and nothing more than that. Please also pray that we as Christians will listen to God and know when to speak and when not to speak.

Yesterday (Wednesday here) was a lot of fun as well. My part of the team came to the university on Wednesday. We didn't really do much in the morning because none of our actual normal teaching schedules will start until next week. However, after lunch we passed out brochures to let students know we will be on campus all week to help them with their English. The funny part though was that here on campus they are having like freshman orientation, which they call Freshy Day, and they make the freshmen do like chants and dances. So, they got all of us to get in the middle of a huge circle of Thais to learn a dance while they chanted around us. It was so much fun even though the dances were ridiculously stupid! We really enjoyed it, and the best part is that the students loved the fact that we did it!! Definitely way too much fun! :)

So, now on to today's (Thursday) good news. We are actually still on campus right now at the moment just chilling until Thai students come to hang out with us. Anyways, this morning was Remington and my first time to meet our class and teach. We were supposed to just introduce ourselves today, but it turned out that we had to teach today as well. It was cool though even though there were a lot of awkard silence moments when we weren't really sure what to do. The teachers are laid back and kind of just let us do whatever, so, it is a little nerve racking. The students are amazing though, so, I am very very excited about getting to know them better. I really pray that many of them will come hang out with us outside of the classroom some. There is one girl in particular that I would love for you guys to pray for. We will just call her P or something like that. She just stood out to me today. She can speak really good English, and she just talked to us a lot today. I invited her to hang out with us off campus, so, I pray that she does. Please pray that when or if she comes to hang out that God will begin to intervene in the relationship she and I will hopefully build. Pray that God will use me in whatever way He pleases, and that he gives me the words to say when talking with her.

Tonight we are having like sort of a mini bible study that we invited students to, so, I hope that some will show up. We are going to be having these every Thursday nights, so, please pray for us on that night specifically because that will be one main time we will be sharing Christ and singing worship songs together as a group. Please keep all of our team including myself in your prayers. Many of us are homesick and missing people, especially at night when we go to bed with nothing to keep our minds occupied. We know that God is our comforter and that He is always with us, so, please pray that we will be constantly reminded of that during these times! Pray that our team remains focused on God's plan for us this summer, and that we will obediently reach out to the students God is drawing to Him.

Thanks again for all of your prayers!! I love you all and miss you!! Keep praying for everyone I mentioned in the previous blog as well, especially A and P. Lek!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! It sounds like you are getting to experience so many new things. That must be nerve raking and fun all in the same moment. Well Hunter is trying his best to pull up on whatever he can reach. So, far not to much of a success, but he is very determined. Tristan is getting so big that it amazes me. How grown he is getting, I would say he is coming out of his Toddler years becoming a full blegged young child, it makes me happy and sad all at the same time. Corey and I are doing better thanks to God.. Chris B. spoke at church last night Eric was on vacation, he did pretty good. I am officially a Gadsden State student which is kinda of scary but good. I know God will provide me with the means to be able to pay for me to be able to finish my degree. I am so glad that y'all are touching so many lives with God's love, I know that is very pleasing to God; " We know the love that God has for us, and we trust that love." 1 John 4:16 We miss you and pray God gives you the comfort that you need; "God is the Father who is full of mercy and all comfort. He comforts us every time we have trouble, so when others have trouble, we can comfort them with the same comfort God gives us. We share in the many sufferings of Christ. In the same way, much comfort comes to us through Christ." 2 Corinthians 1:3-5. We will continue to pray that God shows and gives you the wisdom to teach and show his love; "People make plans in their minds, but only the Lord can make them come true. Depend on the Lord in whatever you do, and your plans will succeed." Proverbs 16:1,3. I love you and miss you. Don't forget to take alot of pictures. I will get off of here for now. Please keep us updated on how everything is going.

Josie said...

Tiffany I just love you so much and can't wait until we can talk again in the ham!!! woot! I'm praying that Christ can be both of our comforters this summer...how bout they don't let us have phones or internet except on the weekend pretty much..ouch...BUT HE is enough and I know that HIS strength is enough for you WAYYY over there too...I know that the desire to know truth is pulling at their hearts overseas too, and I know God has control of it all...I'm thinking about you and love you soooo much! MISS YOUUUU beautiful girl and I totally know that feeling of being away from everyone who encourages you is really really hard but God can use you and His truth stands no matter what we're feeling...ok one more I LOVE you and I'll see ya soon! - Jos

Peggy G. said...

Hello Tiffany
I have finally got someone to help me get my message to you. It awesome what the Lord is already doing as he prapares all of you to work together to share the Love of
Jesus. I would love to also be in that worship service. It's amazing to hear voices of praise to him in any language. I've been reading your emails, I hope this gets thru to you. Your In Our Prayers daily
Peggy

DannyB said...

Hey its Danny...I hear that you are in Thailand again and I want you to know that I am proud of you and I am praying for you! Thanks for giving up your summer to work for God..so many people aren't willing to do that! Bethany Brooke and I just got back from Africa and we would like to share our experiences with you and hear about yours as well when you get back!
Always Praying
Danny