Saturday, June 21, 2008

God Answers Prayers! :)

Well this week was another really busy week! :) Only one more week of June left; it's crazy! I have some really exciting news. I have been praying really hard about God either drawing me to a student to build a relationship with or that if that was not His will for me that He would give me a peace and comfort in knowing that I was still being used for His kingdom even though I may not have any idea how and that I would not become discouraged.

So, on Thursday my morning did not start off to well. I was pretty homesick and really discouraged about not really having a Thai student I was connecting with, so, it sort of was like I had nothing to look forward to every night when we hung out. I know this sounds awful, but this is how I have been feeling the past couple of days! However, all of this changed after I had my class on Thursday at 10:30am. I had talked to Nick before that, and I told him to pray for my class and a student in my class whom I felt like God was drawing me to the week before. I just really didn't know how to get her to come hang out with us and stuff because the week before she never came to anything we were doing that week. Ready for the amazing part? Well when I went into the class she just started talking to me, and I just asked her if she and some of her friends would like to come and eat with me after class. She said yes!! I was super excited, and I just praised and thanked God at that moment for answering my prayer! :) Her and about 5 other students came to eat with me! It was amazing! This girl can speak really good english, so, we had some good getting to know each other conversations. She was really excited about us getting to hang out and stuff. So, I invited her and the students to come to our cell group (kind of a time where we sing worship songs and somehow incorporate the gospel in), and her and two other students came!! It was amazing, and they had so much fun! When they left they told me that hanging out with all of us made them really happy, excited, and wonderful! That made me excited because I know that that feeling they were experiencing was nothing any of our team had done, but instead it was Christ's love and joy reaching out to them through us!! :)

That was all on Thursday! I would have to say that has been the most amazing day I have had so far since being here! :) So, last night we had a swimming party at our apartments and all three students came back again as well as many other students!! God really encouraged our whole team this week because we were seriously all become discouraged because none of the students were coming consistently to our activities, so, we were never getting to know them any better up until after Thursday! Oh yeah another amazing thing happened last night while they were hanging out at our apartment! My roommate and I have bible verses on our walls that have encouraged us while we have been here or that are just encouraging verses in general. So, last night that same girl in my class and two other students from my class were in my room with me waiting on a girl to change into her swimsuit, and one of my students asked me what the note cards on my wall were for! I was nervous, but God spoke through me anyways. I just told her that those were words from God that came from my bible that encourage me, and that those verses were like God speaking to me to give me a comfort and peace when I needed it! I didn't say much, but that was definitely a starting point and totally a God moment!! I was extremely excited and can't wait to see how God is going to use me in my relationship these students! :) Please pray for God to give me the words to say and for me to be obedient when God calls me to do something. Also pray for all of these students that God would continue to soften their hearts and open their hearts up to come to know the one true God.

Keep all the previous prayer requests in your prayers as well please!! I love you guys and miss you!! Thanks for the prayers!! God is amazing and definitely answers prayers!! What an awesome God we love and serve!! :)

3 comments:

StephanieP. said...

You are right! God always answers prayers. We are praying for you and the prayer requests you are posting on your blog. Be safe and have fun.

Love Ya,
Stephanie Painter

Kay said...

I'm not supposed to post until after your sister does but I can't wait any longer!! I check on here everyday to read about how your changing peoples lives. Your trip sounds amazing and your in our prayers.

Jacky Morgan said...

Hi Tiff,
Debbie and I are praying for you and we are very proud of you. Keep sowing tyhe seed and God will give the increase.
We love you!
Bro. Jacky